Tulane University and DRLA action group to support response to the Jan 2010 earthquake in Haiti.
- DRLA Communications
DRLA's first look at recovery in Haiti
A follow up statement by Ky Luu, Executive Director of the Disaster Resilience Leadership Academy on the long term recovery challenges in Haiti
Statement on the Jan 2010 earthquake in Haiti
- Center for International Disaster Information (CIDI)
- Anyone wishing to donate or provide assistance in Haiti following the devastating earthquake is asked to contact the Center for International Disaster Information (CIDI) which has established a dedicated page to coordinate Haiti support.
Tulane Community involved in Haiti
Let us hear from you! We are looking for quick feedback on the following issues.
Click a link below, and you can respond using your Tulane or Google username and password.
- What can Tulane do?
- What is Tulane already doing?
- How can we best catalyze and articulate a Tulane response?
We've also set up a Q&A forum:
Projects (coming soon)
- A directory of Haiti-related projects and activities in which Tulane faculty and staff are participating.
- Access the Haiti project management systemhere.
- Add your project to the directory or the project management system.
Human Resources (coming soon)
A directory of people and organizations with skills, experience or other resources relevant to the Haiti response
Resources, lessons learned and guidance.
- International Lessons to Improve Mass Fatality Management During a Pandemic Influenza Event
- A Study Conducted for the Assistant Secretary for Health Affairs, Office of International Affairs and Global Health Security - U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Mass Fatality Management
- Recovery efforts in Haiti and other mass fatality sites will benefit from international lessons
From the Leadership Corner
Particularly relevant to the Haiti response.
- Lum on Disaster Leadership
- DRLA Executive Director Ky Luu interviews Dr. Gary Lum, Assistant Secretary for the Health Emergency Management Branch in the Office of Health Protection in the Australian Government's Department of Health and Ageing. Dr. Gary Lum discusses his role as Incident Coordinator of Australia's National Incident Room and effective coordination during disaster response.
- Lum on Effective Coordination
- DRLA Executive Director Ky Luu interviews Dr. Gary Lum, Assistant Secretary for the Health Emergency Management Branch in the Office of Health Protection in the Australian Government's Department of Health and Ageing. Dr. Gary Lum discusses his role as the Incident Coordinator for the National Incident Room.
- Wahlström on Successful Responses
- Margareta Wahlström discusses successful responses to the 2004 Asian tsunami, the impact of earthquakes, and why they should be on the agenda.
- Wahlström on Coordinating during the 2004 Asian Tsunami
- Margareta Wahlström discusses coordinating actions between actors during the tsunami response and building long-term commitment among donors.